Thursday, October 3, 2013

Tenacity

by David Petro
www.BroadwayBreakThru.com 
 
"Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity." ~ Louis Pasteur

Launching a web start up in today's economy is extremely difficult. Almost as difficult as breaking into the entertainment industry. Both are over populated, filled with no talent hacks, offer false promises and much talent gets lost in the crowd.

I recall my performing days, running from auditions to classes to my job. Navigating through the actor rejection maze seemed insurmountable most days. Often dreams of my "big break" kept my head in the clouds long enough to blur my vision. When my feet came crashing to the New York concrete, I realized I need something much stronger than day dreams. I needed will power, a strong support system and tenacity.

Dictionary.com's definition of tenacity is: pertinacious, persistent, stubborn, or obstinate. Adhesive or sticky; viscous or glutinous. Holding together; cohesive; not easily pulled asunder; tough. At one point in my life I have been called all these words. Rarely, in a positive context.

Day dreams do not keep me beating down closed investors' doors, striving to motivate my team, searching for new partners and sharing a concept in which I whole-heartedly believe. Nor did they drive me to a successful career as an actor, Casting Director or Executive Director of Broadway Break Thru. My persistent, stubborn, obstinate, viscous, glutinous, cohesive and tough creed propel me beyond my goals. As an aspiring "everything" I challenge you to be even more relentless. Keeping in mind that "NO" isn't even a four letter word.

No comments:

Post a Comment